- 2 ounces bourbon or straight rye whiskey
- 3/4 ounce St. Germain liqueur
- 1 dash orange bitters
- 1-2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Garnish: orange peel
- Ice cubes
- Combine 1 oz of bourbon and two ice cubes; stir to combine.
- Add St. Germain liqueur, bitters and more ice; stir to combine.
- Add 1 oz of bourbon and more ice; stir to combine.
- Stir more.
- Flame an orange peel and add it to top the drink [Note: flaming is used to express the oils from the skin of the citrus over a drink, and enhance the flavors].
- Strike a match (or lighter) and hold the flame near the drink’s surface.
- With the skin side of the orange facing toward the flame, pinch the two ends of the peel together and let the flame release the oils from the skin into the drink.
- Add the [warm] orange peel into the drink and stir.
- Serve, drink and enjoy!