Hope Partnership could not succeed without the support of our generous volunteers who provide their time and talent to help advance our goals.
Some ways to volunteer:
- Tutoring/Mentoring. If you are available weekdays between 3:30 and 5 p.m., and would like to tutor or mentor our children, we would love to have you.
- Lead afternoon activities. We offer sports, drama, art, chess, and forensic sciences.
- Assist with communications. Help us write content for our website and newsletters, shoot videos or photographs of school events, and design posters and activities materials.
- Serve as a Hope ambassador. Help us spread the good news of Hope by speaking at fundraising events and presentations.
Job Description –Volunteer Instructor Staff, Adult Education Program
The Volunteer Instructors hold Bachelor’s or Master’s Degrees in Education and have decades of experience in the classroom among them. They teach from one to three days each week, usually between 10:00 am and 2:30 pm. Responsibilities include:
• Plan, prepare, and deliver lesson plans that facilitate active learning.
• Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction when possible.
• Encourage and monitor the progress of individual learners and adjust teaching strategies as needed.
• Assist with learner assessment.
• Participate in periodic planning and evaluation meetings.
Eastern North Philadelphia Statistics
- Nearly 50% of Philadelphia’s adults struggle with the basic literacy and work skills required for family-sustaining jobs
- Roughly 30% of the adult population in this neighborhood have a high school diploma
- Only 2% of the adult population hold a bachelor’s degree
Note that all volunteers who interact with children must undergo a background check.
For more information on volunteer opportunities please contact:
Macey Markowitz, MA, CPCA at 215- 232-5410 X104 or firstname.lastname@example.org