LEARNING SUPPORT TEACHER
HPE Middle School is currently seeking a Learning Support Teacher, full time, beginning immediately.
The Learning Support Teacher will work with students in grades 5-8 who are experiencing difficulties in core subject areas. He/she will also work with the Academic Counselor to coordinate partnerships with local community organizations or universities for education evaluation services. The position might also require other duties such as standardized test administration/support when needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to use knowledge of content, pedagogy and PA academic standards to guide instruction;
- Ability to effectively use resources, materials and technology in planning lessons for individual students and small groups;
- Ability to work collaboratively with classroom teachers to design/modify content material to accommodate the needs of individual students;
- Ability to substitute for a teacher in case of illness or planned absence.
- Maintain a safe and adequate organization of physical space;
- Clear communication of procedures and explanations to students;
- Reasonable flexibility and responsiveness in meeting the learning needs of students;
- Adherence to school regulations related to attendance, punctuality, maintaining accurate records, communicating with families;
- Participation in school events, professional growth and development opportunities.
Qualified candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Minimum B.A. or B.S. in Education or related field
- Teacher certification achieved or in process
- Experience in middle school setting preferred
- Knowledge of professional code of conduct
- Experience working with urban youth is highly desirable
Other information: Salary commensurate with experience. Full time positions include health and retirement benefits.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest along with a resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.