Hope Partnership for Education is currently seeking a Development Associate/Coordinator, Full-Time, beginning immediately.
Position Title: Development Associate and Coordinator
Reports to: Development Director and Executive Director
- Work with the Development Director in the development and implementation of a comprehensive and sustainable annual giving plan that meet the organization’s current and future financial requirements.
- Operate organization’s database/tracking system [Salesforce].
- Maintain data integrity through diligent and accurate entry, periodic reconciliations and assessments, and ongoing updating.
- Coordinate and maintain all individual and corporate contribution documentation including recording and reporting gifts, tracking acknowledgment to donors and maintaining proper grant records.
- Manage and strengthen all development support activities, including keeping histories and calendars for all development activities, managing and maintaining the donor list with demographic information, and preparing correspondence and reports
- Support the organizations stewardship efforts by accurately and prompting processing contributions and preparing timely acknowledgement letters with accurate and appropriate language.
- Work closely with development staff on customized acknowledgement letters when needed.
- Facilitate and assist with coordinating mailings including producing mailing lists, generating mail merges, proper formatting, and printing.
- Support the Director of Development on special events; maintain agendas and calendars of dates, attend relevant staff and committee meetings, prepare materials, generate event collateral and provide additional support as needed.
- Support the Director of Development to secure event sponsors and business contributions including generating lists of current and prospective corporations and sponsors, preparing required materials, completing stewardship strategies, and serving as a point of reference when appropriate.
- Coordinate and manage all in-kind donations including solicitation, communication, gathering and acknowledgment.
- Advance the marketing and communication schemes of the non-profit, and actively collaborate with the Marketing Committee and Advancement Committee.
- Attend and act as staff to the Advancement & Marketing Committees of the Board and their respective meetings.
- Manage media relations strategies including execute social media plans, maintain and update website, and support broader messaging strategies.
- Oversee the production of all marketing and public relations brochures, booklets and other collateral materials for the center including monthly e-newsletters and bi-annual direct mailing newsletters.
- Assist with outreach and advancing the organizations messaging and visibility.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a planned giving program and production of relevant materials.
- Build and maintain strong relationships, as appropriate, with donors, strategic leaders, board of trustees and committee members, volunteers and other supporters.
- Participate fully in the life of the organization, the middle school and its events; serve as an ambassador and spokesperson, speaking publicly on behalf of Hope when required.
- Embrace the mission, vision and values of Hope Partnership for Education, its students, families and staff, and provide other assistance as necessary.
- BA degree in business, marketing, communication, public relations or related field.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience in a non-profit environment preferred.
- Familiarity and experience with fundraising and special events.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to think and plan strategically and creatively.
- Experience with social media including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Technologically accomplished with working knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as additional software such as adobe and photoshop.
- Proficiency with database tracking systems, preferably Salesforce.
- Knowledge of all aspects of a development program as well as business principles, procedures and practices.
- Willingness to work outside normal office hours when required.
- Passion for education, equity and service.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
- Generally work in standard office conditions and climate.
- May work at desk and computer for extended periods of time.
- May work in outside weather conditions during special activities and fundraising events.
- Work in an environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
Send Resume, Cover Letter and Sample Acknowledgement Letter to HR Director, Qwan Tisdale at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 215-525-3060.
Other information: Salary commensurate with experience. Full time positions include health and retirement benefits.